Jump
Week Three
January 13, 2013
I seriously do not know what I would do without Brandi in my life. We met my first year living in Virginia; we were in the same 4th grade class. By the end of the school year, her family moved into our neighborhood, right next door actually. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. Over the years we made up all kinds of games; school, grocery store, house, nail salon (not imaginary, we did this on my front porch.) We have seen each other through many boys and crazy nights. I watched her graduate high school, along with all of our other friends. She cried when I told her my dad had cancer. (She is the only person not related to me that cried when they heard the news.)After I moved we made a deal that we would visit each other every year, each making a trip every other year. To be honest, I wasn’t really sure how well we could keep it up, maybe a trip or two each and it would slowly dwindle. But our friendship is too strong for that to happen. It has been seven years since we were next door neighbors and we haven’t missed one. (Well, we missed 2012, but we only missed it by 10 days and we already have another trip planned for later this year.) We have a 15 year old friendship that picks up right where it left off and has no intention of ever ending.I am so glad to call her my best friend.
You really are so lucky to have a friend like her :)
ReplyDelete