I have worked at my job for the last 20 months and this week was the first time I've ever gone up in one of our lifts. We have been doing inventory this past week and I was too short to reach some of the parts on the shelves. I didn't go very high up, but at least I can say that yes, I have in fact been in one of the machines that I help build…or at least buy some of the parts to build.
On Wednesday, I came home to find dad in a sea of ornament boxes. Apparently he's had enough of Christmas. He is probably right, it is time to take down the tree, but I think I could have celebrated its glow just another week longer.
This weekend I have a girl date with my friend Jenny and our moms. We are taking our last card class at Archivers before they close for good. I'm excited to see them, but so sad that on of my favorite stores is closing. For the last 3 years we have taken the Christmas card class and 2 years ago we did the Valentine's Day card class. It has been a favored tradition and I'm so sad that it will have to end. We will definitely have to think of a new tradition that the 4 of us can do. Any ideas?!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
The floor looks just like ours did when we took down the tree with all of the Hallmark boxes! I hear you, I am still kind of missing ours. As much as I love getting things back in order and back to routine, I wasn’t quite ready to put away the shine from the Christmas tree lights. Hope you enjoyed your girl date!
ReplyDeleteMegan, I have saved nearly every single one of your latest posts in my "saved for later" folder so when I finally got a chance to check blogs on my actual computer I would make it over here to leave you a comment. Well today I am using an actual computer, let see if I can remember at least a few of the things I wanted to tell you:
ReplyDelete*I got your Christmas Card. So fun. You looked beautiful.
*How in the world do you keep up with all your projects? You motivate me.
*Your "Week in the Life" book is awesome.
*As is your "December Daily."
*"Collect Moments, Not Things" Amen! Love, love, love. I am totally a hoarder of moments.
*I need blogging motivation. Please help me. :)
*I can't believe you made it that long with the Christmas tree. After Christmas I'm ready to clean up. Sometimes I make it to the New Year, but not often. I laughed at my sister this year ... she started cleaning up Christmas evening after the kids were in bed.
*And I loved your 2013 memories post. It made me smile.
I am glad I became your accidental friend. Thanks for being mine.
Here's to another year, my dear.
It's gonna be a good one.