Monday, January 6, 2014
Moment
This is my second year doing One Little Word and this year my word is MOMENT. About a month ago I was cleaning out notes on my phone when I came across this quote. "Collect moments, not things." It immediately resonated with me and I knew my word was to be moment. I know this word is not a verb and that in itself can often make this project a little difficult. But I also knew, without a doubt, that this would be my word for 2014.
I noticed while doing my December Daily project last month that there were a lot of moments that happened. Moments that made my heart smile and fill with gratitude. They were just ordinary things and yet they made my life a little bit better. They weren't moments like celebrating a holiday, they were moments like laughing at the camera.
In 2014 I want to simplify my life. I don't want to collect clutter (both physical and emotional) just to have it. I don't want to buy something just because I can. I don't want to do something I'm not whole heartily committed to. I want to collect moments. I want to buy things that will actually enrich my life. I want to be aware of what is going on around me and to be really be in the moment. I want to be present. I don't want to show up for the big things in life, I want to be at the little things too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Make my day and leave a comment!