Monday, April 11, 2011

Random Memory #6902

Every morning that I drive to KC for school my mind gets flooded with memories.  Some memories are happy and some are sad but they all are usually focused around my dad.  I'm not sure why.  It must be the 1 hour drive where there is nothing to do but think.  Think about the uncertain future.

The memory that came flooding into my mind today is about 8 or 9 years old.  It was during one of my many dress rehearsal's for a ballet recital.  Mom had been helping me and a friend get ready.  Do makeup, hair, get dressed, etc.  Dad wasn't there.  I don't remember where they had told me he was, but mom had told Jenny, my friend, what he was up to.  I tried to coax it out of them, but failed.

About an hour later it was my dance classes turn to rehearse our piece.  When I got out on the stage and looked out into the audience I saw my dad standing on top to the auditorium arm chair rests with a new video camera.  He had just gone out to buy it and was taping my ballet dance piece.  Mom knew not to tell me so I wouldn't freak out and tell him no or end up messing up my steps from nerves.

I have no idea why it was this thought that had entered my mind.  It is not a common one or a particularly memorable one, but it is a memory I'm glad I have.

I think this was after a Nutcracker performance.  The pale pink roses, on the left, are from my dad.  He always gave me pale pink roses after every single ballet recital.

My dad standing on top of chairs to video tape his little girl dance.  

1 comment:

Make my day and leave a comment!