Friday, August 8, 2014

Family Vacation: Part Three: Glacier National Park


One of my absoulte favorite parts of the trip was going to Glacier National Park and staying at the Glacer Park Lodge.  It was absolutely beautiful there.






As we pulled into the lodge parking lot we were awestruck that we were actually staying here.  A building built out of trees back in the early 1900s, still with no air conditioning, elevator, or tv.  It was a little piece of heaven.


 ^^ Our first stop on the Going to the Sun Road



 ^^ Big Horn Sheep by Logan Pass.



 ^^ Saw goats outside of the park at Goat Lick (Yes, that is the name lol.)


(We didn't have internet/phone service for a lot of the trip.  I surprisingly, really enjoyed that.  It was a great reminder that I need to put down all devices and enjoy life.  However, I was very, very thankful we had service in the middle of Wyoming when we our car broke down.  And I was very, very thankful our car broke down on that Saturday, rather than the late Friday night drive, out in the middle of nowhere, with no service.)

1 comment:

  1. I love, love that picture of you and your mom Megan. And I'm enjoying hearing about your family vacation. We went to Glacier National Park when I was about 17 or 18, it would be fun to take my family and visit again. Plus, you were over in my side of the states...you should have stopped in. Idaho would have loved to have seen you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment!