Thursday, August 28, 2014

Get Messy Prompt


A  self portrait without a photo...This was difficult for me.  I knew I wanted to show my love for photography, but I'm defined by so much more than that.  Also, not including a potrait is hard for someone who loves photos and values what they mean.  I also didn't have much time to complete 2 pages this week.  The downside of a full time job and other commitments surfacing with the 'new year' (a.k.a. new school year, which is funny because I'm not in school nor do I have kids.  But it seems like there are a lot of new beginnings at the end of August/September.)


My first page, a self portrait.  The base of this page was a magazine ad. I choose snow becasue I was born on the coldest day of the year in Minnesota.  I included my birthday, a camera.  I love to travel and I think it is important to be true you yourself.  The amperstand symbolizes the togetherness of my family.


For the second page.  I found this quote from an Ed Sheeran song on pinterest and I added the little hearts.  I see him in concert next week so it will be a great little addition for my Project Life album.



Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

5 comments:

  1. Cute pages! Especially the one with the Ed Sheeran quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are beautiful, they are so soft and gentle with great feeling. www.lilalovessand.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty pages. Just so PRETTY! Love the colors. And there is such a calm, peaceful vibe to these pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pages. You were born on my great grandmas birthday. I was also born in February, the first to be exact. I hate my Birth month though because it's sooo cold. No one wants to go to a party during the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the prompt page, the perspective in the collage and why you chose that image. Very cool (see what I did there?!) :D

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment!