Monday, August 4, 2014
OLW July Goals
Instead of setting intentions for the year, I am setting 3 goals to accomplish each month. Goals that will create moments. Goals that are attainable. Goals that are things I need to get done. Goals that will make me a better person.
- ME | Actively use fitbit this month. I need to get in the habit of really taking care of myself. | Fitbit has been on and used almost daily. I say almost because I didn't track my food the week we were on vacation. It has been fascinating to see how much I move in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and how much I don't move while I'm at work--the downside to a desk job. I tweaked the goals that fitbit automatically sets for you. For me, that's ok. I'm still not reaching my goals everyday, but they can be met and I'm more likely to reach them based on what my average daily activity is like. They are more attainable and I'm more likely going to stick with using fitbit past one month or after summer ends. The main thing, is that it still is pushing me to get up and go for a walk, even if it's a little one around the block.
- GIVE | Still thinking on what to do with this one. I think it will be a spur of the moment thing, not something I plan out. | It was minimal, but I sent postcards to my kids. Their mom told me that it was thoughtful and they loved getting mail from me and now they can't wait to go to Yellowstone!
- CELEBRATE | Plan family vacation. We've been talking about this for a year and I'm happy to report it will be happening this month. | We went on our family vacation at the end of July. It was wonderful!!! We traveled to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Glacier National Park. I've posted a few photos on this blog, I have many more to go.
- Learn my cameo with the Cameo Basics class through Studio Calico. I bought this class during sale thinking it would force me to finally learn my machine. | Didn't do anything this this, but that's ok. It was an incredibly busy month. And I completed the goals Ali set for us.
July was awesome! Here is what I have planned for August:
1. Limit myself to one hour a day for screen time (computer/ipad/phone/tv). This does not include time spent printing photos for PL, watching Oscar movies, watching Bachelor in Paradise (come on, I need one guilty pleasure), and putitng together our vacation video, all of which are on my project to do list.
2. Put together a video from our vacation. I've never done this before and purposely took videos for this goal. I already know I should have taken more videos...
3. Breathe in the last long summer days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make my day and leave a comment!